About me: English Language Literacy Instructor
Enthusiastic, passionate and patient instructor with several years of teaching experience, coupled with a multitude of versatile skills transferable into any teaching setting.
Innovative visual integration of technology and hands-on activities to boost learning concepts.
Strong teaching skills and the ability to command learners’ attention on an individual and group level.
Integration of creative ways to challenge, inspire and encourage a student further, to deepen their knowledge and fluency.
Experience: English Language Literacy Instructor Chinese Progressive Association 2014
EnglishUS Citizenship exam introducing basic concepts in US History and Civics.
• Targeted visual tasks to help improve receptive and productive skills
• ELA Common Core Learning Standards for English Language Arts & Literacy, and New York State Education Department curricular materials in P-12 English Language Arts
• ESOL with We Are New York Video Series(WANY) English Conversation Groups
• NYSTESOL, IATEFL (International Association of Teachers of EFL), WAOE (World Association for Online Education), and IALLT (International Association for Language Learning Technology).
• Online tutoring PowerPoint, Animoto, Windows Photo Story, Google Hangout, Skype
English Language Private Tutor
One-on-one and small groups
• Curriculum, lesson plans and homework exercises targeted to student’s ability.
• Establish and maintain relationships with learners, parents and other literacy professionals.
• Advanced professionals and college learners at Chinatown Literacy Project, Manhattan
• Functional lessons for busy professionals in specific industries, (sports, diplomatic, tourism), hobbies and interests
• Web 2.0 social media tools
• Online tutoring
English Language Literacy Instructor Teaching House New York, NY
CELTA trained and certified. Advanced ESL classes of 15-20 students
• Visual tasks that target receptive and productive skills
• Measured progress and results through formal and informal assessments
• Collaboration with colleagues
• Explorations of New York City with learning activities in the community